PUBG MOBILE has been getting quite some relevant updates throughout the year. Of late, we have seen some new gameplay modes being added to the game – the most notable one being the Survive Till Dawn mode that lets you fight zombies. However, recent leaks and teasers suggested that PUBG MOBILE is collaborating with the latest Godzilla movie to bring some new themed gameplay as well as in-game items. That update is rolling out now and the PUBG MOBILE team has listed one new exciting addition to the game – the Deathmatch mode.
The latest update, titled version 0.13.0, brings the much awaited Deathmatch mode to the game. The Deathmatch mode joins the Survive Till Dawn ‘zombie’ mode under the EvoGround section. This new gameplay mode was initially spotted on the Call of Duty Mobile Closed Beta almost a month ago and now it’s available in PUBG as well. Much like the mode on Call of Duty Mobile, Deathmatch mode on PUBG MOBILE changes the definition of the ‘last man/team standing’ concept.
In the Deathmatch mode, players will be grouped together in a team and will be allowed to fight another team. The first team to hit 50 kills wins the match. The Deathmatch mode features fast-paced firefights in both first person and third person gameplay modes. Players can also create their own rooms with room cards.
The Deathmatch mode is certainly one of the biggest additions in the 0.13.0 update. However, this update also brings a couple of ‘quality-of-life’ improvements to PUBG MOBILE. For starters, the snowy terrains of Vikendi will now register footprints similar to the PC version, which will make the gameplay in this map tougher. There’s also a dedicated button in the Settings for climbing. As for the zombie mode, the team has replaced the old zombies with four new kinds.
Here’s a brief changelog for the version 0.13.0 update:
– Added MVP showcase system at the end of each match. All players will receive a default MVP pose. The top 3 players in Classic mode or the MVP of the winning squad in TDM will be featured.
– In Vikendi, players will now leave footprints, trails and tire tracks on snow.
– Added a dedicated button for climbing that can be enabled in the settings.
– When killed by friendly fire, now players can decide if the teammate should lose merit or not.
– Added a Godzilla theme. Godzilla themed lobby background will be available together with many themed events and rewards after the update.
– Added new popularity gift and ranking reward. Every week, the top 100 players in the list may collect the title All-time Popularity or Recent Popularity.
– Added Charisma Ranking. The permanent outfits and firearm/vehicle finishes collected by a player will increase their Charisma.
– New Achievements:
Victory Legion: Complete 1/5/10/20 matches with Dominating in Team Deathmatch.
Alpha & Omega: Get the first kill and final blow in a Team Deathmatch.
T-800: Achieve Terminator 1 time in Team Deathmatch.
Envoy of War: Complete a series of missions in Team Deathmatch.
The version 0.13.0 update is currently in the process of rollout and players will be notified of the update. Do note that this one will be a big update weighing almost 2GB, hence it is advised to rely on a Wi-Fi network to download the update.